2022 is off to a good start. I have made it through almost a full year since my wife of 41 and a half years passed away very suddenly and I am still standing tall. Since our last conference in San Antonio, your chapter has been busy, and I wanted you to know what has been accomplished as it might just make you feel good too!
- So far, the Rogue Chapter has awarded over 50 WW2 Medallions to WW2 veterans and their families. Schedules are filling up to award another 30 and I am working with the local Chamber of Commerce to identify more.
- We raised over $14,000 at our annual 5k VeteRun for veteran’s charities and in the 5 years of the VeteRun, we have raised and given away over $60,000.
- The Rogue Chapter sponsored the Navy Vanguard at our last conference and would like to help sponsor something at the 2022 conference if we can raise enough funds. Sponsorships listed above with the attachments range from just a few hundred dollars to as much as $8000 for the remaining Air Force Vanguard sponsor. In a perfect world, I would get to see each of you in San Antonio and thank each of you for your support of not only the chapter, but the association as well.
- We were able to raise and provide $10,000 for Honor Flight that takes our honored veterans to see their Memorials in Washington DC.
- The Association has a goal of 1,200 new members by July 19th. So far Rogue Chapter has recruited 13 new members. While that number is not huge in the big picture, we are just getting started. The Rogue Chapter will cover part of the cost of a 1-year membership if you send the application back to us so that we can make up the difference. Regular membership is normally $30 and now it is $20. Auxiliary membership for family members over the age of 18 is normally $20 & now $15. We are one active auxiliary member away from being able to restart our own auxiliary chapter. Can you help? You may win one of 2 $250 visa cards or a $500 visa card if your name is picked. Just follow the instructions in the membership campaign attachment. Send applications & payment to the address below. Payment can also be made on our website, just mark for membership and mail application in. Add $1.00 if you use a credit card to cover processing fees. Website below.
- We will be giving away two $500 scholarships prior to the conference that can be used for trade schools or conventional educational pursuits. Priority goes to kids/grandkids or great grandkids of NCOA members. If you have a family member eligible for the auxiliary with kids that could use the scholarship, for a minimal membership fee, they can be in a preferential position when applying. Don’t wait until the last minute.
It was announced today that Rogue Chapter has been selected as the 2019 Western Region Large Chapter of the Year. Next month it will be announced who will win the NCOA 2019 Large, Small & Auxiliary Chapter of the Year.
Thank you all Rogue Chapter members who contributed to this recognition.
Large and Small Regional Chapters of the Year for 2019 were selected based on information provided to Headquarters on the Annual Chapter Operations Report and synopsis of activities for 2019.
Our chapters and their dedicated members put in a lot of time and energy raising and donating funds and supporting programs like Muscular Dystrophy, Special Olympics, JROTC, hospice care, children’s orphanages, care packages to our troops to mention just a few.It is our pleasure to recognize the efforts of the following chapters selected as the Large and Small Regional Chapters of the Year for 2019:
- Trailblazers Chapter – Flint, MI area (Large)
- Magnum Force Chapter – Saginaw, MI area (Small)
- Gateway Chapter – New Port Richey, FL (Large)
- Gateway Auxiliary – New Port Richey, FL (Small)
- Air Academy Chapter – Colorado Springs, CO (Large)
- Frontier Chapter – Cheyenne, WY (Small)
- Fort Sam Houston Chapter – San Antonio, TX (Large)
- Leroy’s Spanish Trail Chapter – Tucson, AZ (Small)
- Rogue Chapter – Medford, OR (Large)
- Trails End Auxiliary – Portland, OR area (Small)
- Korea Chapter – Seoul, Korea (Large)
Congratulations to each of these dedicated chapters and their amazing members.
Winners of the Regional Chapter of the Year awards are in the running for the coveted 2019 Outstanding Chapter of the Year awards.
February is here and we celebrate President’s Day which consolidates Lincoln’s birthday on February 12th and Washington’s Birthday which is February 22nd into one national Holiday so that most of us get a three day weekend. Additionally, February is Black History Month and we must celebrate the many contributions made to our nation by our African American brothers and sisters as well as other descendants from non-African cultures. It is still cold not the kind of weather to get too excited about unless you are a snow skier or ice skater.
There have been some questions about the creation of the sixth branch of the military that I want to address. I have seen a logo for Space Force and the new commander was recently sworn in, but it has been estimated that the full roll out could take up to 18 months. It appears that manning for this new branch will come out of the Department of the Air Force and installations will transfer from current Air Force properties to Space Force. Doctrine, Policies and Procedures, Regulations and other administrative and regulatory processes will take time to create and implement. I can assure you all that your Board of Directors and National office are aware and thoughtfully proceeding forward with a plan to make whatever changes are necessary in a comprehensive process.
We continue to look at potential partners to join forces with that add purpose and meaningful opportunities for our members to step up and make a difference in your communities and for our nation. We are also looking for the right fit for benefits that truly meet the need of our members and their families. Our goal is not to be like all of the other organizations out there, but to be unique. We are now an organization that represents all enlisted forces from all active, reserve and separated armed forces. Up to this point in history, no war was fought exclusively by one and only one branch of the military. It took the teamwork of all five up to this point and now going forward six branches of the military. A vibrant, educated and well trained enlisted force makes the United States military the best and most formidable fighting force ever compiled. Be proud of that!
The Non Commissioned Officers Association (NCOA) holds a unique place amongst military service organizations. We need you to help us remain in this unique position. If each one of you brought one family member or current or former member of the military into our roles, we would explode up the ranks of organizations. Can you, will you help?
If you have any ideas or suggestions, either contact headquarters or contact me at email@example.com and I can assure you that your leadership will take note.
Strength in Unity & Leadership By Example,
MCPO (SCW) Terry M. Haines
Chairman, International Board of Directors
This letter notifies us that the Rogue Chapter has been selected as the 2018 Western Region Large Chapter of the Year for NCOA.pdfshare